This recipes takes all of 45 seconds to prepare, then it just sits in the oven and comes out beautiful, tasty and healthy. So, I had to share. Recipe adapted from Life as a Strawberry.
- 2 Portabello mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- A small handful of spinach or basil
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll up two pieces of aluminum foil to create two rings about 2 inches in diameter. These will be the “holders” of your pizzas. See Life as a Strawberry’s awesome demo.
- Remove the stem from the portobellos, then place each cap round-side down on the aluminum foil rings.
- Drizzle a half tablespoon of olive oil on each, then follow with a quarter tablespoon of balsamic vinegar on each.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozzarella on each mushroom. Slice the cherry tomatoes and spread across the pizzas. Chop up the basil or spinach and sprinkle that on as well. Sprinkle the last 1/4 cup of mozzarella across the top of them pizzas, then add salt and pepper.
- Create a small aluminum foil tent over your mushroom pizzas, then put in oven.
- Cook at 375 for 22 minutes, then remove the “tent” and let cook another 3-8 minutes.
Voila! Healthy, easy, simple, and with ingredients you could get almost anywhere. Perfect for evenings when the last thing you feel like doing is cooking something healthy.